A Second Opinion: The Voice of Your Future Doctors (A2O)
Episode #3 - Rising Up Strong (Christine Chilaka)
Sep 27, 2019
Current M2 and Founder/President of Rising Up Strong (an organization that focuses on health and wellness for children with intellectual & developmental disabilities) Christine Chilaka joins the podcast to tell her story, how she started her organization, and why the work she does is so important
- Who is Christine Chilaka?
- How did you get to where you are sitting right now?
Rising Up Strong
- What is Rising Up Strong?
- How did you become interested in working with children with disabilities?
- What has kept the program going?
- What has been the most rewarding part?
- Eat for Change campaign
Education & Stigma
- What do you think are the most misunderstood things about children with disabilities?
- What role do you think *education* (both health & gen ed) has on improving their physical and emotional well-being?
- What role do you think the *education system* (i.e. schools) has on improving their physical and emotional well-being
- Do you think we as a society too often try to define who these children can do or be, and if so, do you think that has destructive effect on their growth and development?
- How can people become more involved/more knowledgeable about the IDD community?
- Let’s fast forward 10 years; where can we expect to find Dr. Christine Chilaka?
- Where can we follow you? How can we support Rising Up Strong?